Xiaomi Redmi 9T Review, Specifications and Price in Kenya
Smartphone companies are competing every day for best mid-range devices releases and production. Redmi is undoubtedly one of the best mid-range smartphone producers producing best high end quality phones with good if not out of range specifications. Redmi 9T is one such device that was announced and released on January of 2021.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Key Specifications
|Price||Ksh 16,500 – Ksh 20,000|
|Global Average Price||173 USD|
|Material||Glass front (gorilla glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame|
|Type||IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)|
|Pixel Density||395 PPI|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11nm)|
|CPU||0cta-core (4×2.0GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8GHz Kryo 260 Gold Silver)|
|SIM Card||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|OS||Android 10, MIUI 12|
|Card Slot||microSDXC dedicated slot, up to 512GB|
|Main Camera||Quad: 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF, 8MP, f/2.2, 120° (ultra wide), 2MP, f/2.4, (macro), 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)|
|Features||LED flash, Panorama, HDR|
|Front Camera||8MP, f/2.1, 27mm (wide)|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (side mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Battery||Li-Po 6000mAh, non-removable|
|Charging||18W fast charging, 2.5W reverse charging|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GALILEO, GLONASS, BDS|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0, USB 0n-the-go|
|Colors||Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise orange, Ocean green|
Xiaomi Redmi 9T More Specifications, Review and Price in Kenya
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Body & Display
- Xiaomi Redmi 9T measures 162.3×77.3×9.6mm and weighs 198g made from front glass (gorilla glass 3), plastic back and a plastic frame. It is a light weight device for comfort ability and style.
- It features a big 6.53 inch with 83.4% screen to body ratio, IPS LCD display with 400 nits peak brightness. With a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels and a pixel density of 395 PPI, you expect a rich display especially with the fluid smooth 90Hz.
- The device houses a Qualcomm SDM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11nm) chipset, a (4×2.0GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8GHz Kryo 260 Gold Silver) octa-core processor and Adreno 610 GPU for boosted performance, dynamic photography and videography, quality connections and better gaming.
- It operates under MIUI 12 based on Android 10.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Storage
The device comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage for files and apps as well as a dedicated microSDXC card slot expandable to up to 512GB.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Camera
- As far as camera is concerned, Redmi 9T packs a quad camera set up consisting of a 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF, main camera, a 8MP, f/2.2, 120° (ultra wide), 2MP, f/2.4, (macro) and a 2MP, f/2.4, depth sensor. The camera has LED flash, Panorama and HDR features for best photography anytime as well as [email protected] video recording.
- It aslo comes with an 8MP, f/2.1 (wide) front facing camera with HDR and [email protected] video recording.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Battery
Battery should be the least of your worries on this device. It is backed up by a powerful 6000mAh battery, good enough to last at least one and a half days of even heavy usage. As if it’s not enough, it comes with an 18W fast charger so you won’t have to worry about long charging hours.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Connectivity
- It’s a dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) device with GSM, HSPA and LTE cellular network connectivity with GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 /2100 and 4G 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40 bands.
- Commons of the device include Wi-Fi 820.11 a/d/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot for connectivity. GSM, HSPA and LTE SIM network connectivity with its dual Nano-SIM that can be used on stand-by.
- For file sharing you get USB 2.0 Type-C and Bluetooth version 5.0, A2DP, LE. A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS is fitted to the phone for location and phone tracking. You also get NFC and FM radio fitted
For sound, the phone comes with a two stereo loudspeakers and a 3.5mm jack for aux and external sound sharing. FM Radio and recording are also included in the device.
Sensors packed in the device include Fingerprint (side mounted), accelerometer, gyro,proximity and compass.
Xiaomi Redmi 9T Price in Kenya
Redmi 9T will cost you Ksh 16,500 – Ksh 20,000 in Kenya depending on the choice of memory you will chose to go for.It comes in Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise Orange and Ocean Green.