How to Renew Driving License Online in Kenya
The process of renewal of driving license in Kenya is now faster, easier and more convenient since NTSA services can be accessed online at the eCitizen portal.
The eCitizen portal is a free online service that enables Kenyans to access government services and make payments online. The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) established by the National Transport and safety Authority of 2012 with a view to reducing insanity on Kenyan roads. You can now access various NTSA service online via the eCitizen portal. Some of the services are;
- Application for a provisional driving license (PDL)
- Payment for a driving license
- Renewal of driving license in Kenya
- Booking a driving test
- Downloading of your interim driving license
Below is a systematic guide on how to renew your driving License online
First, you need to be registered on the eCitizen portal https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/en/login to access the NTSA service and other services.
- Login to the NTSA /eCitizen portal with your E-mail address (or National ID Number) and password.
- Select National Transport and Safety Authority for online renewal of driving license in Kenya
- Click on submit Application, then Driving Licenses
- You have two options for the renewal of driving license in Kenya: a three – year license renewal that costs Ksh 1400 or a one-year license that costs Ksh 600. The NTTSA charges a mandatory Ksh 50 convenience fee in addition to the renewal charges. Double check and confirm your driving license renewal details, then click Apply now. Finally, press submit.
- Choose your preferred mode of payment. NTSA allows use of mobile money such as M-PESA and Orange Money. One can also pay using a Debit or Credit card.
- Print your driving renewal License slip