How to apply good conduct Certificate in Kenya
A certificate of good conduct means that the particular Kenyan holder has been searched in the criminal records of Kenya, and no criminal record has been traced. It has a validity period of one year and is also referred to as a police clearance certificate provided by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
The certificate of good conduct is issued by the Criminal Investigation Department in Kenya.
Nairobi residents can receive the certificate of conduct at the CID headquarters. The Nairobi Criminal Investigation Department’s main office is located in the Muthaiga neighborhood along Kiambu Road.
Other Kenyans outside of Nairobi can receive their certificate of conduct from the Divisional CID offices in other locations.
It is now possible to apply for the certificate of good conduct in Kenya via e-Citizen. The simple guideline below shows you how:
How to apply for good conduct on the e-Citizen Platform
- Log on to the e-Citizen portal. https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/en, and create an account if you do not have one. Applicants under the age of 18 should use their parent’s eCitizen account.
- Click on the link for the Directorate of Criminal Investigations and select Get Services Now.
- Next, select the mode of payment and click on Make Application, and then proceed with the application process by clicking on Apply Now.
- The next step involves filling in details on the date when you would like to have your fingerprints taken and the location.
- A copy of your C24 and the two copies of your invoice should be printed on both sides of an A4 sheet and presented to the department headquarters of the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, where you would like to have your fingerprints taken, or to the Huduma Center DCI desk.
- Next, book an appointment for fingerprinting and take the forms mentioned above.
- Once everything is processed and approved, you will be notified via email or text on how to download your certificate of good conduct.
Read Also List of Watu Credit Phones in Kenya
What documents do I need for good conduct?/ Requirements
- must have attained the age of 18 years and above.
- An original ID and its photocopy
- For those under 18 years old, a copy of their original birth certificate should be provided.
- Two copies of the invoice downloaded from the eCitizen website.
- A printed copy of the C24 ,also downloaded from the eCitizen website.
- You will also be required to pay Ksh. 1,050 via M-Pesa to get the document.
- Foreigners applying for a certificate of good conduct will be required to provide a letter explaining the need for the certificate, the original and copy of the identification documents, and a fee of Ksh. 1000.
How do I pay for a certificate of good conduct?
A payment of Ksh 1,000 to a cashier at CID offices The payment can also be done online on the e-Citizen Platform.
How long does the certificate of good conduct take before it is provided?
A certificate of good conduct in all parts of Kenya takes one to two weeks to be provided to a person who has applied.