How to recover hacked Facebook account without email
A hacked Facebook account basically means that your account has been compromised and the owner is at the risk of losing access to their own account if proper measures are not taken.
If you believe your Facebook account has been hacked, there are a few steps you can take to secure it and prevent unauthorized users from accessing it:
Method 1: Using Trusted Contacts
Facebook offers you an option to recover your account, however you must have added at least 3 of your Facebook friends as trusted and whenever you lose access to your account you can contact them for help in recovering your account.
In case you have not added your trusted contacts, you won’t be able to access this method.
- Go to facebook.com and click on Forgotten Password
- Click on ‘No longer have access to this’
- Next, enter a new email or phone number that you can still access and click on the Continue button.
- Next, you will be given the option to ask your trusted contacts for help. To access this option, click on Reveal my Trusted Contacts.
- Enter the name of one of your trusted contacts to reveal their names for verification and click on the Confirm button.
- Ask your trusted friend to go to the link https://www.facebook.com/recover and give you the code that they have received in the given blanks and the click on the Continue button.
- After this, you will be allowed to change the password of your Facebook account.
Method 2: Reporting the hacked Account to Facebook
- Open the Facebook hacked account page and go to https://www.facebook.com/hacked/ on your computer browser.
- Click on the My Account is Compromised button which will redirect you on a search page
- Enter your phone number or email address that you normally use to log into your Facebook account on the text field in the middle of the page. In case you never added your phone number to Facebook you will have to use your email address.
- Next, click on the Search button. This will prompt Facebook to find your account.
- Enter the most recent password you remember using for your Facebook account in the Current or Old password text field and click on the Continue button
- Next, select a valid reason among the following:
- I saw a post, message or event on my account that I didn’t create
- Someone else got into my account without permission
- I don’t see the right option on the list
- Click on the continue button to begin the process of the account recovery.
- On the page that appears, click on the Get Started button which will evaluate your Facebook account for recent changes or activity.
- Tap the continue button and enter a new password in both the New and Re-type New text field and click next.
- Check the box next to your name and click next to allow your current name as the accounts name. In case you don’t see this option, skip the step.
- Facebook will present you with different settings, posts and any other changes that were recently made on your account. You can approve these pages if you made them or revert or delete them if someone else made them.
- Click on the Go to News Feed to access your News Feed. You now have full access to your account again.
Read Also List of Businesses to Start with 100k in Kenya
Recover Facebook Account by Resetting Your Password
- Open the Facebook app. This will redirect you to the log in page in case you have been kicked out of your account.
- Tap the Need Help? Link. This is a blue link below the email address and the password fields. A menu will appear, in case you see forgot password? On the page skip this step.
- Instead tap forgot password which will redirect you to the password reset site
- Tap the text box at the top of the page and then type in the email address or phone number that you use to log in to your Facebook account. In case you never added your phone number to your Facebook account you will have to use your email account.
- Tap the Search button below the text box, this should bring your Facebook account.
- Select an account recovery method among the two options at the top of the page these are:
- Via SMS – Facebook will text a reset code to your Facebook profile’s registered phone number
- Via email – Facebook will send a reset code to your Facebook email account
- Next, click on the Continue button which is below the recovery options. This will prompt Facebook to email or text a code to you.
- Retrieve your accounts code depending on your chosen reset method. Tap on the Enter Code text box and key in the six digit code from email or text.
- Click on the Continue button to submit your code and go to the next page.
- Check the Log me out of other devices box and click continue. This logs out your Facebook account on any device which it is currently logged in and log out the hacker as well.
- Enter a new password in the text box near the top of the page
- On clicking the continue button the old password is replaced by the new password.
- You can now login to your Facebook account with your new password and a person who hacked your account can no longer access it.
Leave a Reply