Google Android 12, Combatible Phones and its New Features
This will be the twelve major release and 19th version of Android, the mobile operating system developed by the open Handset Alliance led by Google. The first beta was released on May 18,2021.
Google Android 12 Combatible Phones
Pixel devices will get Android 12 first together with Asus Zenfone 8, One plus 9 and one plus 9 pro, Oppo Find X3 Pro, Realme GT, Sharp, Tecno cammon 17, TCL and TCL 20 Pro 5G, Vivo Iqoo 7 Lengend, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i and Mi 11X Pro and ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G. It is estimated that the official roll out for consumers will be around September 2021.
Google Android 12 Features
There are a lot of new features in Android 12. Here are some of the features:
- Lock screen Clock: This is the first thing you are likely to notice the first time you power up your phone, With the phone clear of notifications a large digital clock takes up pride of place at the center of the screen.
- PIN code keys: Once you swipe to unlock the phone you will notice a new design for the PIN code Keypad. The buttons are round, large and minimal with dull shades.
- Notifications: The style of notification windows has changed, and they are automatically grouped per app, or separated out if they are not conversational. Also, there’s an easy new snooze control that you simply tap to snooze, rather than having to swipe on the notification. You can snooze specific notifications for set amount of time.
- Quick setting shade: The quick setting and notifications from the top of the screen have been replaced by much larger rectangle controls, similar to those we saw in Android 11’s power menu for controlling smartphone devices.
- Setting menu tweak: The entire main setting list has been simplified massively. Labels and icons are larger, while the extra subheading listing the features within that menu is no longer there.
- Enhanced screenshots: You can now type text on to your screenshots in a number of different font colors, stick some emoji by pressing the little sticker icon and resize them easily by just pinching to zoom.
- Customization: With Android 12 you can now customize your Home grid more. Google added one more grid option. So now you can have 4 X5, 4X4, 3X3, 2X2 and the default option.