NHIF PayBill Number; How to Pay NHIF via M-Pesa
NHIF PayBill Number
NHIF PayBill Number is 200222
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a government-run health insurance company that covers Kenyan citizens. Residents of Kenya who are over the age of 18 are eligible to register and pay monthly contributions.
To activate the health cover, a monthly contribution of Ksh.500 is required. Employers must deduct and remit a certain amount based on individual salary amounts for those who are employed.
How to Pay NHIF via M-Pesa
Self-employed Kenyans and any other citizen wishing to make voluntary contribution to NHIF can pay via NHIF pay bill number. Below is a step-by-step guideline on how to make your monthly contribution via M-pesa:
- Go to the M-Pesa menu and select the lipa na M-PESA option
- Select the Pay Bill option
- Enter NHIF Business Number 200222 (NHIF PayBill Number)
- Enter Account Number as the contributors National Identity card number
- Enter the amount you wish to send and press Ok
- Enter your M-Pesa pin
- Confirm if the details are correct then press Ok
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation SMS from M-pesa
How to Apply for NHIF Membership Online
You should have the following items before you apply for an NHIF card
- Scanned copy of original ID
- Scanned copy of marriage certificate where applicable
- Recent clear passport sized photo of the applicant and spouse when applicable
- Scanned copy of work permit, passport or alien certificate and that of a spouse when applicable
- Scanned copy of color passport size photo including that of a spouse and dependents when applicable
- Copy of passport
- Scanned passport sized colored photo
After gathering all the necessary documents then proceed to make the application using the simple steps below:
- Type http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/registeronline
- Choose between self-employed and employed. Note that the law requires employers to register their employees and make contributions.
- Choose the type of application that suits you that is either Kenyan Citizen, student or foreign student
- A page with a form to fill in the necessary details will appear. Fill in the correct details without registration errors
- Upload and attach scanned copies of the document that applies to you that is ID card, alien certificate or passport.
- Upload a scanned copy of recent passport photo and spouse if married
- Attach a marriage certificate if applicable
- Examine if everything is correct and if so click save to apply
- After successful completion of the application, you should visit the NHIF office at your nearest Huduma center to request the printing of your card
NHIF Insurance Forms
We have several types of NHIF Forms available on the NHIF website, which are listed below.
- Registration Form
- Employers Registration Form
- Explanation of The Benefit Package for The National Scheme
- Choice of Outpatient Medical Facility Form
- Outpatient Claim Form NHIF 8B
- Treatment Outside Kenya Form
- Amendment Form
- Referral Form for Overseas Treatment (Managed Scheme)
- Referral Form for Overseas Treatment (National Scheme)
- Application Form for Declaration as A Healthcare Service Provider
- Inpatient Hospital Claim Form
- Intra Vitro Fertilization Pre-Authorization Form
- Admission Notification Form
- Long Stay Notification Form
- Quality Improvement Checklist for Contracting of Health Facilities
- Referral Form for PET CT-Scan
- NHIF Bank Details Form
How to register for NHIF in person
In person application means that you visit an NHIF office or Huduma Center to fill an individual or employer registration form depending on the suitable application. However, you can also download a form from the NHIF website, fill it in advance and visit the offices to submit it.
How to add Dependents on NHIF
Before going to NHIF offices or Huduma centre, you need to have all the required documents to avoid being told you come back again with all documents required. Below is an outline of the required documents:
- A copy of your National Identity Card
- A copy of your spouse’s National Identity Card
- Marriage certificate photocopy or a sworn affidavit from a magistrate in case of a traditional union
- To add your children to your NHIF card carry their birth certificates or birth notification if the child is between 0-6 months.
- Colored passport size photos for your dependent.
How to add dependents to your NHIF card
With all the required documents, these are the steps to follow when amending your dependents to your NHIF:
Step 1: Fill the NHIF amendment form. You can acquire the form from any NHIF branch, Huduma centre or you can download it online.
Step 2: State the amendments needed and in this case adding dependents to NHIF. Fill the relevant sections and add your signature where required to confirm that the information is correct.
Step3: Attach all the other needed documents to the NHIF dependent registration form.
Step4: Visit any NHIF branch or Huduma center and hand over the forms to the relevant officer
The officer will go through to verify if all the documents are there and will key in some information in the system. He/she will then fill the “official use only” section. Next, all the new information with the dependents will be updated to your account.
Read Also How to add dependents on NHIF online
How to amend your dependents details online
- Log in to your NHIF account using your email address and password or create an account if you do not have one.
- Tap on the dependents registration on the menu
- Key in your national identity number
- Next, fill in all the necessary fields
- Attach a scanned copy of dependents colored passport photo
- Attach a scanned copy of the dependents birth certificate/ marriage certificate/affidavit
- Save the document and submit. Note that if not all the fields are filled then you cannot submit it.
- The system will keep a tab on the submission status by sending a notification to the contributor’s phone number.
However it is important to note that:
Registration mostly takes 7 days to complete and applicants should visit the office of registration with proof of identity after this period to collect the NHIF card.
You cannot pay for NHIF cover and enjoy the benefits immediately. It has a waiting period for applicants to become active members. People in employment wait for 30 days to access all NHIF benefits and 90 days for voluntary contributors.
These are occupations that are undertaken for a significant period of a person’s life and provide opportunities for advancement.
Use the link below to check for any available vacancies at NHIF:
NHIF Customer Care Contacts
Mobile Number: 0800 720 601
Address: P.O BOX: 30443 – 00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Fax: (020) 271 4806
Working Hours: Mon – Fri (8:00AM – 5:00PM)