How to activate M-Pesa Hakikisha
Hakikisha is a service that allows M-Pesa customers to confirm the recipient’s name and/or number, before completing a transaction.
This service is available to all customers and is compatible with all handsets. Before completing the transaction, Hakikisha allows customers to confirm that the recipients to whom they intend to send money are correct. Customers who confirm these details avoid losing money by sending money to unintended/wrong recipients.
To activate the Hakikisha feature on your M-Pesa account, follow these steps:
- Dial *234# to access the M-Pesa menu on your phone.
- Reply with option 5 (M-Pesa Information)
- Select the “Hakikisha” option.
- Then Select Opt in
- Follow the prompts to complete the activation process.
Once you’ve enabled the Hakikisha feature on your M-Pesa account, you’ll receive a notification before completing any M-Pesa transaction, allowing you to double-check the transaction’s details before completing it. This can prevent you from sending money to the wrong person or completing a fraudulent transaction.
It is important to note that the Hakikisha feature on the M-Pesa platform is only available for certain types of transactions, and it may not be available to all M-Pesa users. If you are having difficulty activating the Hakikisha feature, please contact M-Pesa customer service.
Is Hakikisha available for all transactions?
Customers can use Hakikisha for the following transactions:
- Send Money,
- Depositing and/or Withdrawal from an M-Pesa Agent,
- Paybill transactions,
- Lipa na M-Pesa – merchant and paybill transactions.
The following details can be confirmed by customers using Hakikisha:
- Send Money – Recipient’s name and number, transaction amount and transaction cost.
- M-Pesa deposit and withdrawal at agent – M-Pesa Agent number, name and deposit amount.
- Paybill transactions – Partner name, paybill number, account number, transaction amount and transaction cost.
- Buy goods transactions – Merchant’s name, till number, transaction amount and transaction cost.
Read Also How to Start Mitumba Business Kenya
Which Transaction Channels is Hakikisha available on?
M-Pesa customers can use Hakikisha on the various transaction channels:
- M-Pesa APP.
- mySafaricom APP
- M-Pesa Sim Tool Kit
- M-Pesa USSD (*334#)
To request for an M-PESA reversal via SMS to 456:
To request for a reversal on 456, please follow these simple guides;
- After completing the transaction, please send the whole message to 456.
- You will receive a response from “Reversal” that the request for a reversal has been started, and that an update will be shared within 2 hours.
- You are encouraged to check your messages for an update from the header “Reversal” on the status of the reversal.
Leave a Reply