A list of Safaricom Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Phones
Safaricom has collaborated with Google to launch Lipa Mdogo Mdogo, a smartphone device financing plan.
Customers can use this service to purchase a smartphone in manageable daily instalments of Ksh 20.
Dial *544# and select option 5 for Lipa Mdogo Mdogo to access this service.
Qualifications to be eligible for the service
- You must be using a 2G or 3G smartphone
- You must not be listed on CRB for pending loans
- You must have been a Safaricom customer for 1 year
Steps on how to Acquire the Safaricom Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Phones
- To participate, dial *544# from your device, accept these Terms and Conditions to opt into the Service.
- You will receive an SMS informing you of your eligibility and the value of the device you can purchase under the Service.
- Proceed to select your device of choice and make a down payment of Ksh. 500 through M-Pesa.
- Go to any Safaricom shop near you where the staff at the shop will conduct a know your customer (KYC) check to verify your identity, after which, the sale will be processed, and the device will be issued to you.
- Repayment can be done in the following intervals: daily, weekly, partial or full payment.
- Safaricom will communicate through SMS with loan balances in daily reminders as follows: 8:00am, 12:00 noon and 5:00pm.
- On the fourth (4th) day of the repayment remaining outstanding, Safaricom will lock the device, limiting your use.
- Should you be in default on the 7th day, you will be barred from all outgoing outgoing calls and SMS.
- To participate in this Service your account should not be blacklisted by any credit reference bureau (CRB), Okoa Jahazi and Okoa data or locked due to fraud.
- Where subscribers have elected to make daily payments and they make their payments consecutively for 7 days, they will receive 100MB free YouTube bundles.
- Where you default for thirty (30) days, you will be blacklisted, be disqualified for subsequent device loan facilities and your details will be forwarded to CRB.
Customers who are successful in gaining access to the service will be required to make a Ksh 500 down payment and will be able to pay the balance over the course of 9 months.
If you make your Ksh 20 payments on a daily basis, you will be able to pay off the balance in 9 months. The more you pay, the faster your payment balance is cleared.
Remember that the repayment occurs while the phone is in your possession, allowing you to enjoy the full benefits of the internet while minimizing the impact on their pockets.
List of the Phones in the Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Program
|Phone||Deposit||Daily Payment||Payment Duration|
|Neon Ray Pro||Ksh 500||20||9 Months|
|Tecno Spark 7||Ksh 3,000||50||9 Months|
|Tecno Camon 17||Ksh 5,000||80||9 Months|
- Neon Ray Pro- 6,500
- Tecno Spark 7- 18,000
- Tecno Camon 17- 27,000
Deductions done daily, weekly or monthly as indicated in the table below:
|Neon Ray Pro (Ksh. 6,500)||Ksh20||Ksh 140||Ksh 600|
|Spark 7 (Ksh. 18,000)||Ksh 50||Ksh 350||Ksh 1,500|
|Camon 17 (Ksh. 27,000)||Ksh 80||Ksh 560||Ksh 2,400|
To change the frequency, simply dial *544*5#, select “Scheduled Payments” and select “Manage”.
Scheduled payments will stop once you clear your loan.
When the balance is below Ksh 20, you will be sent a notification to manually make payments to clear the loan balance
Read Also Best Companies to Buy Shares in Kenya
Where to Collect the Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Phone
Visit any Safaricom shop or Participating Dealer outlet near you and present the voucher reference number for handset down payment. You will need your ID card for identification purposes
How to Make Repayment for the Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Phones
By dialing *544# or *544*5# and select You can choose Daily, weekly, Monthly or part payment.
The phone will be locked if you have not paid the daily When the phone is locked you can only access customer care or M-Pesa
What happens if the Phone gets Stolen/Lost
Report any lost or stolen phones to the Please note, you will need to make repayments for the duration of the device financing
Phones have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty, Terms and conditions apply
Lipa Mdogo Mdogo Contacts
Please contact the nearest Safaricom shop or Participating Dealer outlet, or call Safaricom customer care line 100, 200