Upesi Money Transfer Limited and Contacts
Upesi is a homegrown African solution for efficient, dependable, and cost-effective global money transfer. The company is currently licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) in Kenya and the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom (FCA).
Upesi Money Transfer Limited has experienced remarkable growth since its inception and is strategically positioned for growth in the remittance space.
How it Works
If you already have a UPESI account, go to the website’s home page and click Send money or log in to get started.
If not, then you should start by creating an account. You can transfer money quickly and securely by following these simple steps:
- Log on to https://upesi.co.ke
- Scroll on the right of the screen and click on create an account
- Fill in your details (Name, DoB, Email Address, Password) and click on Submit
- Log on to https://upesi.co.ke
- Fill in your email address and password then click submit
How to Transfer Money via Upesi/How Upesi Works
- Register in seconds– Sign up in no time, for free! All you need is a valid email address and identification
- Enter your amount– We’ll show you the exchange rate upfront
- Add recipient details- Fill in the details of your recipient, be it bank details or their Mobile money transfer partner
- Pay for your transfer– Send your money however you choose!
- Sit back, relax and let us handle the rest. Swiftly.
Steps in Sending Money abroad Swiftly
- Choose a mode of transfer.
The first step in the money transfer process is to choose a transfer mode. Depending on your needs, you have a variety of money transfer options. Bank-to-bank transfers, international wire transfers, and money transfer companies are all options.
- Create an Account
You’ve chosen a remittance partner, but any transaction will require an account. Understand what information they will collect from you and how that information will be used. Sign up now that you’ve read the privacy and security policies and agreed to their terms.
- Submit necessary documentation
Moving on, banks and financial institutions will require you to complete a Know Your Customer (KYC) form. This is a framework that banks and financial institutions must use to identify customers.
KYC procedures help to prevent identity theft, money laundering, financial fraud, terrorism financing, and other types of financial crime.
The money transfer company will ask you to confirm your identity by providing your ID or passport. Other relevant information, such as tax forms, may also be requested.
- Understand transfer limits
Now that your account is active, how much do you want to send?
Many remittance companies have minimum and maximum limits in place that they must follow in order to comply with the laws and regulations of the countries you are sending money to or from. After understanding the transfer limits, you are ready to move to the next step.
- Understand transfer timelines
If the urgency and frequency of your money transfers are high, you should think about how long it takes your remittance provider to complete a transaction.
Different businesses have different timelines for completing a transaction. To ensure seamless transactions, you should always strive to choose an option that takes less time to complete a transaction.
Please keep in mind that the duration will vary depending on the amount of money transferred and the method of transfer.
- Understand the exchange rates
The inflated cost of money transfer has been a problem for remittance companies, as some continue to charge their customers hidden fees.
As a customer, it is critical that you are aware of current market exchange rates and do not become a victim of hidden fees.
WhatsApp Number: +254770999865, +254 709 656 000