e-Citizen Registration Guide, Services, Login and Contacts
The Kenyan government launched the eCitizen portal in 2014 to act as the integrated unit for all services. e-Citizen is a free online portal for all government information and services that have been organized with all the needs of the Kenyan citizens.
e-Citizen registration guide
- Open your browser for example Mozilla firefox or google chrome and key in ecitizen.go.ke
- On your browser, visit and then tap on the create account icon located at the top right corner of the page. Four accounts will appear and you have to select the kind of account you need from them. Here are the four accounts:
- Citizens: this is only for Kenyan Citizens who have a National Identity Card
- Business: this is solely for businesses registered in Kenya and you will need a business registration number to open the account.
- Foreign Residents: this account if for non-nationals living in the country and their foreign certificate substitute the national ID number.
- Visitor: this is for any alien who requires a Kenyan Visa to be permitted to enter Kenya.
- Click the Citizens account and type in your National Identity card number and your first name as it appears on the card. Then click to validate.
- Next the portal will display your passport photo, fill names and ID number.
- Next you will be prompted to enter an email address, create a password and agree to the terms and conditions and then click on the continue button.
- To continue you will have to verify your email address. To archive this login to your email account and click the verification link that would have been emailed by eCitizen and click next.
- Next step is your mobile number verification. You will be prompted to enter it and a unique verification code will be sent to that number. Enter the code on the blank tab and tap verify.
- The last step requires you to upload a recent, passport size photo and then click continue to finalize on the registration process.
Some of the current services being offered on the eCitizen portal under various ministries and departments are:
- Criminal Investigation Department services
- National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) services
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) services
- Ministry of Lands services
- Immigration Department services
- Registrar of Marriages services
- Registrar of companies’ services
- Civil Registration services.
- Once you have created your account, follow the simple steps below to log in
- Search for the eCitizen portal on your browser.
- Enter your email address (the one you registered your account with) and password
- Next click log in and you will be able to access all the government services.
Telephone: +254 780 206 206, +254 709 480 000