Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s Review, Price and Specifications in Kenya
This device was released in March of 2020 and is one of the best Redmi mid-range devices you can get in the market with superb features at a relative low price.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s Key Specifications
|Price||KSH 19,500 – KSH 21,500|
|Global Average Price||199 USD|
|Material||Corning gorilla glass 5, glass back, plastic frame|
|Display||6.67 inches IPS LCD HDR10|
|Display Density||395 PPI|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (2×2.3GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8GHz Kro Silver)|
|SIM Card||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Network Connectivity||GSM, HSPA, LTE|
|OS||Android 10 (upgradable to android 11), MIUI 12|
|Card Slot||MicroSDXC dedicated slot (expandable to 512GB)|
|Main Camera||Quad Camera: 48MP 26mm (wide) main, 8MP 119° ultra wide, 5MP macro, 5MP depth|
|Features||LED flash, HDR, Panorama|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected]/60fps/120fps, [email protected]: gyro-EIS|
|Front Camera||16MP wide|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass|
|Battery||Li-Po 5200mAh non-removable|
|Charging||18W fast charging|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Colors||Aurora Blue, Glacier white, interstellar gray|
Read Also 5G Networks Phones Available in Kenya
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s More Specifications and Review
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s is a mi-range device with superb high quality features. It measures 165.8×76.7×8.8mm and weighs 209g with corning gorilla glass 5 front, plastic frame and glass back (gorilla glass 5). It is a dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) with GSM, HSPA and LTE network connectivity of band; 2G bands: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, 3G bands: HSDPA 850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100 and 4G bands: 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,20,28,38,40.
- It features an IPS LCD HDR10 6.67 inch display with 84.5% screen to body ratio, 1080×2400 pixels with a density of 395 PPI. It is protected by corning gorilla glass 5 that is tough to break and more damage and scratch resistant. It is a 60Hz refresh rate display that means it renders images 60 times per second that leaves images clearer and less blurry.
- It runs in Android 10 that is upgradable to Android 11 and MIUI 12 and is equipped with Qualcomm SM7125 Snapdragon 720G (8nm) chipset, Octa-core (2×2.3GHz Kryo 465 Gold & 6×1.8GHz Kryo Silver) CPU and Adreno 618 GPU to ensure smooth HDR gaming, Brilliant HDR entertainment and low power consumption.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9s comes with a range of storage options to choose from: 64GB 4GB RAM/128GB 4GB RAM/128GB 6GB RAM. A dedicated microSDXC card slot is in place to ensure expandable memory of up to 512GB.
- It is powered by a massive 5200mAh Li-Po non-removable battery that can fairly last for 48 hours without needing a charge. It is supported by am 18W fast charger to ensure even when your battery drains out fast, you can still reach 100% within minutes.
- The device has a quad camera set up with a 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide) PDAF main camera, 8MP f/2.2 119° (ultra wide), supported by a 5MP f/2.4 (macro) and 5MP f/2.4 depth sensor with LED flash, Panorama and HDR. The rear camera can shoot [email protected], [email protected]/60fps/120fps, [email protected]: gyro-EIS videos.
- Redmi 9s also features a 16MP f/2.5 wide front camera with HDR and Panorama and can shoot [email protected]/120fps videos.
- You get a loudspeaker and a 3.5mm jack for aux and external sound.
- It features commons like Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP and LE for fast file sharing, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and BDS for location and phone tracking, FM Radio and recording, USB Type-c 2.0, USB on-the-Go for charging and file transfer with your computer.
- Sensors in the device include: Fingerprint (side mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass.
- It is available in aurora blue, glacier white, interstellar gray and can be found in phone stores countrywide for a price of Ksh 19,500 – Ksh 21,500.