Samsung A21s Review, Price and Specifications in Kenya
Samsung A21s is an entry level phone that was announced in May of 2020 and was later released on June of the same year by Samsung. It is a budget phone that comes with features that are not quite budgeted. Some of the features are high end while some belong to the category. Some of the Key features include;
Samsung A21s Key Features
|Ksh 19,299 – Ksh 21,999
|Global Average Price
|Exynos 850 (8nm)
|Single Nano-SIM/ double Nano-Sim Stand-by
|LTE/ GSM/ HSPA
|Android 10, upgrade to Android 11 available, One UI 3.1
|Dedicated Slot expandable to 512GB
|Quad 48MP main, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth)
|13MP f/2.2 wide
|LED, Panaroma, HDR
|Fingerprint(rear mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
|5000mAh Li-Po non-removable
|15W fast Charging
|Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot
|USB 2.0 Type-C
|BT 5.0, A2DP, LE
|A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
|White, black, blue, red
Samsung A21s More Specifications and Review
When we talk about good budget phones in Kenya with reasonably high end midrange specs, then Samsung A21s would not miss the list. The phone that was released on June of 2020, is made of glass screen, plastic frame and a plastic back. It measures 163.7×75.3×8.mm slim design that is very sleek and stylish and weighs 196g.
The display measure 6.5 inches, and has a resolution of 720×1600, a ratio of 20:9 and a density of 270 PPI that leaves you with a big screen to watch and play videos on with good picture quality as you interact with the phone. It has a basic refresh rate of 60Hz that should be smooth and fast enough for the day to day usage of the phone with good animations.
Samsung A21s run on android 10, with an available upgrade to android 11 and one UI 3.1. It is fitted with Samsung’s Exynos 850 (8nm) that is supported by 4 Octa-core 2.0GHz Cortex A55 and Mali G52 GPU. The chipset incorporates innovative power efficiency measures that enable the device to make use of the phones features for longer such as mobile computing and gaming on the device.
The phone comes in a range of memory and RAM to choose from that include 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 3GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, making it available for you to choose from with difference prices. It has a dedicated memory card slot that makes the storage of the phone expandable to up to 512GB.
- When we talk about camera, Samsung A21s has the game, you get a quad rear camera set up that consists of a 48MP main camera, 26mm wide, an 8MP 123° ultra wide camera, a 2MP macro lens camera and a 2MP depth camera with apertures of f/2.0, f/2.2, f/2.4 and f/2.4 respectively. The camera together with the Exynos 850 chipset can capture pictures of very high quality even in low light in addition to features like LED, Panaroma and HDR that it consists of. It can record videos of up to 1080p@30fps.
- In addition to that Samsung has a 13MP selfie camera with an aperture of f/2.2 (wide) and can also shoot 1080p@30fps videos.
- With a battery capacity of 5000mAh you expect a phone that is very powerful and that just means you can have more hours added to the fun you have with the phone. The 15W charging is not considerably fast but since you get a very efficient power consuming phone, you don’t have to worry about that. Well, Samsung suggests that fast charging is likely to destroy the power holding capacity of the battery hence opts out for slow charging. I guess that’s a plus.
- The phone on the other side has a very good loudspeaker besides the 3.5mm Jack that it comes with.
- Commons of the device include Wi-Fi 820.11 a/d/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot for connectivity. GSM, HSPA and LTE SIM network connectivity with its dual Nano-SIM that can be used on stand-by. For file sharing you get USB 2.0 Type-C and Bluetooth version 5.0, A2DP, LE. A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS is fitted to the phone for location and phone tracking. You also get NFC and FM radio fitted.
- The sensors include a fingerprint sensor (rear mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity sensor and compass.
- The phone comes in an array of colors to choose from: white, black, blue and red.
- Generally, this phone is quite a masterpiece of performance, speed, quality and power while it is also very stylish. Get it a price ranging from Ksh 19,299