The Most Popular Online Marketing Platforms in Kenya
There are many online marketing platforms available in Kenya. Some popular ones include Facebook and Twitter.
These platforms allow firms to contact new customers at a reasonable cost, and they can support a range of purposes in the field of online marketing.
Social media marketing platforms;
It uses social media and social networks to market a company`s product and services. There are 6 types of social media marketing; –
- Social networks – They enable people with similar backgrounds or interests to connect online. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are pertinent examples.
- Social news – this are aggregators that allow users to post news links to external sites, it indicates a potentially effective new platform for advertisers.
- Micro-blogging– this site allows users to post short written entries, which can include links to products and service sites or links to other social media platforms. These sites typically build a wall or newsfeed to allow or specific sharing with followers.
- Bookmarking sites – These are used to save and organize links from the vast array of online resources and websites available on the internet.
- Media sharing – for example, YouTube has been one of the most well-known media sharing platforms that allows users to share in-practice, images and videos.
- Community blogs – this is where a community blogging platform can provide an essential service, and help communicators reach audiences with minimum fuss. E.g., social journalism.
LinkedIn is a social media online marketing platform. It provides a platform for businesspeople to connect with other businesspeople and learn about new opportunities. LinkedIn also offers a suite of tools for businesses to promote their products and services online.
Users can create and share profiles, connect with other users, and send messages. LinkedIn can be used to connect with individuals in the business world and identify professionals with similar interests. LinkedIn can also help you find new consumers and leads.
3. Email marketing
Email marketing in Kenya has started to gain strong grounds as most people now have access to emails.
Email marketing campaigns allow businesses to stay connected with prospects and customers, send them customized newsletters or offers based on past shopping history or brand engagements.
The following are some of the most popular email marketing platforms
Mailchimp is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a popular email marketing platform that offers a lot of features and is simple to use.
One of the best things about Mailchimp is how easy it is to use. You can create a campaign in minutes, and then start sending emails to your subscribers immediately.
Mailchimp also has a lot of features to help you track your email marketing campaigns, so you can see the progress of your email campaign and make changes as needed.
SendinBlue is a comprehensive SMS and email marketing platform that lets you send and manage SMS and email campaigns from a single platform.
You can send SMS messages to your customers and track their responses in real time, as well as send and manage email campaigns from your SendinBlue account.
This allows you to engage with your customers and monitor their responses in a more efficient and personalized way.
4. E-commerce platforms
This works through a series of steps, utilizing web-site codes, database and third-party applications such as payment processor or payment gateway.
There are four types of traditional types of e-commerce, including business to customer, business to business, customer to business and customer to customer.
Benefits of using E-commerce.
- Product and price comparison
- Cost reduction
- Flexibility to customers
- Faster response to buyers /market demand
- Faster buying process
- Affordable in advertising and marketing
- Store and product listing creation
As much as there are advantages in e-commerce, one should also be aware of the risks involved such as; security, site crash, no possibility of tried and tested product, late delivery, some products are difficult to buy online, lack of privacy, tax issues and legal issues.
Examples of leading E-commerce’s websites in Kenya.
- Jumia – it is the largest online retail shop in Africa. In 2013, it relocated its operations to Kenya with the goal of revolutionizing the concept of shopping by giving customers with the finest shopping experience possible.
Jumia provides affordable mobile phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, women’s and men’s fashion, and many other items, which are delivered to your pickup stations or doorstep.
- Kilimall – Kilimall is one of the largest platforms in Kenya with a Facebook fan base of close to 1 million.
It is a site where people can shop for and buy goods and services, as well as a place where merchants offering any type of goods and services can set up shop.
- Jiji – this is a market place with an advance security system that enables users to post free ads and get buyers faster. With this online classified platform, users can buy and sell phones, cars, shoes, bags, furniture, clothing and more.
- Naivas online supermarket – naivas has turned out to be one of the largest grocessery supermarkets in Kenya that provides a convenient platform for shopping without leaving the convenience of your home.
- Avechi – They started out as a physical store before evolving into a booming online store, offering a unique assortment of gadgets at the most competitive pricing in their market.
- Masoko -this is an e-commerce platform powered by Safaricom. They focus on selling genuine, guaranteed phones devices and accessories that can be delivered to you in 3 hours.
Leave a Reply