Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Review, Price and Specifications in Kenya
Redmi Note 8 is a mid-range budget phone that was released along with Note 8T in October of 2019. It is a good stylish, powerful and functional device that is worth reaching your pocket for with promising results and durability.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Key Specifications
|Price||Ksh 18,999 – Ksh 20,999|
|Global Average Price||186 USD|
|Material||Glass front (Gorilla glass 5), glass back (Gorilla glass 5), plastic frame|
|Display||6.3’’ IPS LCD|
|Pixel Density||409 PPI|
|Protection||Corning Gorilla Glass 5|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.0GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)|
|SIM Card||Dual (Nano-SIM, dual Stand-by)|
|Network Connectivity||LTE/ GSM/ HSPA|
|OS||Android 9 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10, MIUI 12|
|Card Slot||microSDXC Dedicated Slot expandable to 512GB|
|Main Camera||Quad 48MP main, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth)|
|Features||LED flash, HDR, Panorama|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps: gyro-EIS|
|Front Camera||13MP f/2.0 wide|
|Sensors||Fingerprint(rear mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass|
|Battery||4000mAh Li-Po non-removable|
|Charging||18W fast Charging|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot|
|USB||USB 2.0 Type-C|
|Bluetooth||BT 4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Colors||Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, Space Black, Nebula Purple, Cosmic Purple|
Read Also Huawei Y5 2019 Review, Price and Specifications in Kenya
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 More Specifications, Review and Price in Kenya
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Display and Size
- The device is made of glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla glass 5) and plastic frame measuring 158.3×75.3×8.4mm and weighs 190g. It is ergonomically designed with style and comfort in mind. It has well cut out edges and is very appealing to the eye.
- It features a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with 81.7% screen to body ratio that leaves you with a big enough screen to watch videos and play games on. It has a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels with a pixel density of 409 PPI enough for best image display in your day-to-day interaction with the device. It also comes with a 90Hz refresh rate that enhances user experience through smooth fast rendering images and less blur.
- It’s protected by corning gorilla glass 5 to ensure durability as it offers high scratch resistance and toughness against damage. You don’t have to be insecure about your screen breaking every time your device slips off your hand.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Processor and Connectivity
- As far as platform is concerned, it runs in Android 9.0 (pie) that is upgradable to Android 10 and MIUI 12. It’s fitted with Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11nm) chipset, supported by Octa-core (4×2.0GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) CPU and Adreno 610 GPU to offer advanced imaging and computing, smooth gameplays, clear audio experience, best shots capturing, fast signal receptions and general enhancement of phone operations.
- It’s a dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) with GSM, HSPA and LTE network connectivity.
- For sound you get a loudspeaker with a 3.5mm Jack for external sound sharing.
- Commons in the device include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE for-file sharing A-GPS, GALILEO, BDS for positioning, FM Radio and USB Type-C 2.0, USB on-the-go. The device also packs a fingerprint sensor (rear mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors.
Read Also Infinix Note 7 Lite Review, Price and Specifications in Kenya
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Camera
- Redmi Note 8 is the game when it comes to camera, it has a quad camera set up that includes 48MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), PDAF, 8MP, f/2.2, 120° (ultra wide), a 2MP, f/2.4 (macro) and 2MP, f/2.4 (depth) camera for best photography including clearer noise reduction shots. It features LED flash, panorama and HDR with [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps; gyro-EIS video recording.
- The device also comes with a single 13MP, f/2.0 (wide) front facing camera with HDR and Panorama with [email protected] video recording. There is simply nothing you can’t do with Redmi Note 8 camera set up.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Battery
Enjoy hours on your device with the 4000mAh Li-Po, non-removable battery that has the ability to last for two days without needing a charge. The device also comes with a fast 18W charger that is able to charge your device fully in just under an hour and a half. How cool is that.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Price in Kenya
It comes in Neptune Black, Moonlight White, Space Black, Nebula Purple and Cosmic purple colors and is available for a price tag of Ksh 18,999 – Ksh 20,999 in Kenya.
Leave a Reply