How to Join Pochi la Biashara
Pochi la Biashara is a Safaricom product that was launched in 2020, during the company’s 20th anniversary.
It’s meant for small business owners, to enable them make transactions without revealing their customers’ phone numbers. The requirements for one to join Pochi la Biashara are:
- An M-Pesa account.
- A safaricom phone number.
For an in-depth understanding, below is a review on how to join and use Pochi la Biashara.
Setting up a Pochi la Biashara account
Follow these simple steps to access this business wallet:
- Dial *334# on your phone.
- Select option 8, which is Pochi la Biashara.
- Select join.
- Select option one to accept the set terms and conditions.
- Choose the category, under which your business falls, e.g., retail, clothing, or food).
- Enter the name of your business.
- You’ll receive a notification that you’ve joined this service.
Pochi la Biashara payment
To receive payment from your customers, ask them to follow the following steps:
- Dial *334#.
- Select Lipa na Mpesa.
- Choose the third option, which is Pochi la Biashara.
- Enter the M-Pesa phone number to which the money should be sent (give them your phone number).
- Enter the amount to be paid.
- Complete the transaction.
Once the money is in your wallet, you can withdraw it from an M-Pesa agent or transfer it to your bank account.
Advantages/Benefits of using Pochi la Biashara as a payment method for your business
- There is no paperwork involved in the sign-up procedure.
- Customers can make payments to the business owner’s Pochi La Biashara in a simple and quick manner.
- Business owners will be able to keep their business and personal funds separate, allowing them to make better business decisions based on business transactions.
- The payment cannot be reversed once it has been made without the permission of the business owner.
- Business owners can now sell airtime for a 5% commission based on the amount sold.
- Mini statements are accessible.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the product are easily available under Know More About the Service.
- For privacy and security of customer and company owner information, mobile numbers are not displayed on M-Pesa messages for payments to Pochi la Biashara.