Lipana Accounting Software Guide
Lipana is an accounting app for small businesses in Kenya. It helps you send invoices, quotes, and receipts from anywhere and most importantly manage your business online.
It gives you a chance to direct payments to your bank account or Mpesa. You don’t have to wait anymore for cheques or to deposit them to get paid.
Lipana’s mission is to create tools for the economic empowerment of small businesses around the continent. Since they believe that small businesses are the backbone of the economy and they are committed to helping them thrive.
- Simple: Lipana is very simple to interact with and utilize. You don’t require any special training on how to use it
- Fast: One of the main reasons for building up Lipana is to help you speed up your business activities. Fast invoices, fast payouts, fast receipts, etc. Save your time with the benefits it provides.
- Instant payout: You have access to your money as soon as you get paid. In addition, no limit to the amount of money that you can withdraw.
- Powerful: With Lipana, there is no limit to the number of invoices, receipts, quotes, and expenses you can create.
- Secure: Lipana ensures the security of all your records on a secure server away from hacker attacks.
How to create a Lipana account
Join thousands of other entrepreneurs, freelancers, and professionals who use Lipana to get paid faster and manage their business online. To access Lipana features you are required to sign up for an account and enroll in one of the three plans that they offer. However, you can use the free trial plan for the first 14 days and enroll in a paid plan after. To sign up, follow the simple guideline below:
- Search for lipana.co.ke on your browser and click on the signup button which is at the top right corner.
- You will be directed to the registration page.
[button color=”purple ” size=”medium” link=”https://bit.ly/3zharr8″ ]Join Lipana[/button]
- Upon landing on the registration page, you should register with your details.
- You are required to fill in your Name, Phone number, email, password, and optional referral code.
- Next, click on the create account button to submit the details.
- Upon submitting the details, you will be redirected to the 3 step process to complete setting up your account.
Step 1: Set up your business: Here you are required to enter your Business Name and Location. Click on the Next button to get to the next step.
Step 2: Set up your contacts: In this case you enter your Email, Phone number, currency, and your website in case you have one. Note that this information will appear in your invoices, quotes, and receipts. Click on the Next button to get to the final step.
Step 3: Upload your logo: in this step you’re required to upload the logo of your business. Note that the Logo will appear in all your invoices, quotes, and receipts. However it is optional, you can skip the step.
- You have successfully created your account.
How to log in
To log in to your Lipana account, follow the simple guideline below:
- Go to lipana.co.ke on your browser.
- On the top right corner, you will be redirected to the log-in page.
- Enter the required information which is your email and password
- Click on the sign-in button.
Lipana offers simple and transparent pricing as follows:
|Ksh.999.00 per month when billed yearly.
|Ksh.4, 999.00 semi-annually and Get one month free.
|Ksh.9, 999.00 annually and Get one month free.
How it works
Lipana basically works on simple end-to-end invoicing. Lipana invoices is a free, all-in-one invoicing software that helps businesses request, track and manage their invoices, estimates, and payments from one place.
Their easy-to-use software helps your business get paid faster by letting you request, accept and record any type of payment method. Follow the simple steps to see how it successfully works:
- Create an invoice: This takes just a few seconds. Add taxes, discounts, custom messages, etc. Your invoice will be automatically branded with your logo and colors and ready to send to your customer via email or WhatsApp.
- Send an Invoice: Send the email directly to your email or their WhatsApp. Track when the invoice is opened and paid.
- Get paid: Your customers can pay the invoices instantly through Mpesa. Your money is available for withdrawal as soon as it is paid.
- Simplify your operations: View all your invoices be they paid, unpaid, overdue, or sent in your dashboard. You can add your expenses. Track everything in real-time and have all your business in one place.
The best thing about Lipana invoices is that it supports all types of businesses. From Freelancers, Retail, food and hospitality, Organizations of all sizes, field services, etc. It also offers the following services:
Automated reminders: Save time following up on cheques and overdue invoices. Each invoice and the digital quote has automatic reminders so your customers never miss a payment.
Coverts quotes to invoice and then to receipts: Create a digital quote and send it to your customer. They can approve it and automatically convert it to an invoice which they can pay and automatically get a receipt.