Samsung Galaxy A22 Specifications, Review and Price in Kenya
Samsung Galaxy A22 was announced on June 3rd and came out a month later on June 1st and is a mid-range device from the Galaxy series. It’s a good device and is worth the price it’s going for. It’s reliable, functional and with good features for average smartphone users.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Key Specifications
|Price||Ksh 20,500 – Ksh 22,500|
|Global Average Price||198 USD|
|Material||Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back|
|Type||Super AMOLED, 90hz|
|Pixel Density||274 PPI|
|Chipset||Mediate Helio G80 (12nm)|
|CPU||Octa-Core (2×2.0GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8GHz Cortex-A55)|
|SIM Card||Single/Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|OS||Android 11, one UI Core 3.1|
|Card Slot||microSDXC dedicated slot- up to 1TB|
|Main Camera||Quad: 48MP, f/1.8, 8MP, f/2.2, 123° (ultra wide), 2MP, f/2.4 (macro), 2MP, f/2.4 (depth)|
|Features||LED flash, HDR, Panorama|
|Front Camera||Single 16MP, f/2.2 (wide)|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, proximity, compass, gyro, light sensor, side mounted fingerprint|
|Battery||Li-Ion 5000mAh, non-removable|
|Charging||15W fast charging|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|USB||USB Type-C 2.0, USB 0n-the-go|
|Colors||Black, white, mint, violet|
Samsung Galaxy A22 More Specifications, Review and Price in Kenya
Samsung Galaxy A22 Body and Display
- Samsung Galaxy A22 has a glass front, plastic frame and plastic back body, measures 3×73.6×8.4mm and weighs 186g. It’s a lightweight device with an appealing aesthetic. It’s a single/ dual Nano-SIM (dual stand-by) device with GSM, HSPA and LTE network connectivity.
- The device has 6.4 inch, 90Hz super AMOLED display with 84.3% screen to body ratio. It boasts a 720×1600 pixels resolution that’s has a 274 PPI pixel density.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Platform
- This mid-range device is fitted with a Mediatek Helio G80 chipset that is 12nm fabricated, an octa-core (2×2.0GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8GHz Cortex-A55) processor and Mali-G52 MC2 graphics processing unit.
- It operates with One UI Core 3.1 custom UI that is based in the latest android version 11.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Storage
Galaxy A22 also comes with 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of storage to choose from that is expandable to 1TB through a dedicated microSDXC card slot in the device.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Camera
- A quad rear camera set up consisting of a 48MP, f/1.8 main, an 8MP, f/2.2, 123° (ultra wide) camera, a 2MP, f/2.4 (macro) and a 2MP, f/2.4 (depth). The features of the rear camera include a LED flash, HDR and Panorama as well as [email protected] video recording capability.
- It also features a 13MP, f/2.2, (wide) front facing camera for selfies and [email protected] videos.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Battery
Samsung Galaxy A22 backed up by a 5000mAh Li-Ion, non-removable battery that will last a day and half even with heavy usage as well as a 15W fast charger to ensure battery usage is the least of your worries.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Network Connectivity
- Samsung Galaxy A22 is a dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) device with GSM, HSPA, LTE and 5G cellular network connectivity with GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 and 4G 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41 bands.
- Wi-Fi 11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi direct, Hotspot is included in the device for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- For sound, the phone comes with a loudspeakers and a 3.5mm jack for aux and external sound sharing.
- FM Radio and recording are also included in the device.
Sensors in the device will include accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass and light sensor. The fingerprint of the device is side mounted.
Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE is included for fast file sharing, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO and BDS for positioning and microUSB Type-C 2.0, USB on-the-Go for charging and computer media sharing, mass media storage.
Samsung Galaxy A22 Price
Samsung Galaxy is priced at Ksh 20,500 – Ksh 22,500 in Kenya and comes in Black, white, mint and violet color variants.