How to Pay StarTimes, StarTimes app
How to pay StarTimes
The amount you are required to pay StarTimes depends on the package that you have subscribed for monthly. Below is a guideline on the various ways you can use to make your payment:
- On your phone and go to the M-Pesa menu. You can also use Safaricom or the M-Pesa App.
- Open the lipa na M-PESA option and select the pay Bill.
- Enter the StarTimes business number as 585858
- Enter Account Number as your StarTimes smart card number
- Enter the amount you wish to pay as per your subscribed package and press Ok.
- Enter your secret M-Pesa Pin.
- Confirm if the details are correct then press Ok
After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation SMS from M-pesa for the transaction.
StarTimes was originally established in china in 1988 and is currently operational as a subsidiary of a Chinese-based company in a total of 8 African Countries Kenya being one of them. The other 7 are Rwanda, Burundi, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Central African Republic, and Guinea.
It has rapidly grown in strength and continued to expand its footprints across the African continent. It aims to become an international media giant with undeniable global influence.
The StarTimes Kenya is a pay television service and a leading provider of satellite TV in Kenya. They offer a vast variety of channels to meet the interests of their customers for instance movies and series, Sports channels, entertainment channels and so much more. It also has various packages customized to your budget and preference.
StarTimes subscription prices
The StarTimes Kenya packages are divided into two:
- The dish
The digital terrestrial technology package operates under a terrestrial (Aerial) platform, while DTH runs on a satellite platform.
StarTimes also has the HD combo decoder to receive DTH and DDT signals. The decoder retails at the cost of Ksh.1, 999 and comes with a one free month DHT Supper package and a one-month DHT unique package.
Below is the list of StarTimes Packages and their charges:
The Dish (DTH) packages
|StarTimes Nova||Ksh.499 per month||42 channels|
|StarTimes Smart||Ksh.999 per month||49 channels|
|StarTimes Chinese||Ksh.1,999 per month||24 channels|
|StarTimes Super||Ksh.1,499 per month||26 channels|
Antenna (DDT) packages
|StarTimes Nyota package||Ksh.299 per month||72+ channels|
|StarTimes Basic package||Ksh.599 per month||31+ channels|
|StarTimes Classic package||Ksh.899 per month||27+ channels|
In case you need to change your package, follow the simple basic steps:
- Dial and call *858# only on either Safaricom or Airtel line.
- From the options given select the change package option.
- Next, select your decoder type, Digital Decoder (Antenna) or Dish Decoder (Satellite)
- Select the package of your choice
- Enter your smart card number that is the first 11 digits
- You have successfully switched your StarTimes package.
To download StarTimes ON app, search Star Times on Google Play or iTunes store and download
The StarTimes ON App offers the following services:
- Watch live soccer and catch up with highlights of the UEFA Europa League or any other league anywhere you go.
- 150+ Plus live channels these include TV shows, kids, music, series, movies, news, documentaries, sports plus many short videos on your demand.
- Self-services for instance; recharge decoder, change package, check balance and expiring date
- EPG enables you to set a program reminder and never miss your favorite shows.
If you are already a StarTimes decoder subscriber, you will get a chance to enjoy all live channels that is what you have on the decoder as these are all included in your StarTimes subscription at no extra charges. Non-subscribers also enjoy these features but at a fee.
How to link your StarTimes Decoder to the StarTimes app.
- Open StarTimes ON app and click Sign in
- Select StarTimes Decoder Services
- Clink on the link option
- Enter your Smart card number and the last six digits of your decoder number
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then click Finish
If the process is successful StarTimes says this app is “Africans most data saving App for watching video on demand, VOD, and live Channels”.
StarTimes live TV
StarTimes offers live TV on their streaming application StarTimes ON which is available on VIDAA-powered Hisense smart TVs. StarTimes ON is a mobile application by the African leading digital TV operator, StarTimes. It combines live TV channels and rich Video On Demand (VOD) content to offer the best user experience.
The application is said to serve 27 million users and ranks among the top 5 entertainment apps in Africa. It offers more than 150 local and international channels and 20, 000 hours of on-demand programs covering religion, movies, TV series, music, news, kids’ shows, documentaries, and sports including the ongoing Euro games and others such as La Liga and FA Cup.
StarTimes ON streams content in various languages including Chinese, Yoruba, Hindi, French, Hausa, Swahili, Portuguese, and English.
Users accessing premium content on the App enjoy Standard Definition (SD), High Definition (HD), and Ultra High Definition (UHD) content providing access to live, replays and key highlights of the premium content at the subscriber’s convenience.
It streams content under 2G, 3G, and with a low data consumption of up to 30% with its user-friendly design.
StarTimes business number
StarTimes Business Number is 585858 (PayBill Number)
StarTimes Customer Care Contacts
Mobile Number: 0719077077
Email Address: info.ke＠startimes.com.cn