Uber Business Guide, Model, login, and App
Transportation is an essential player in a country’s economic growth as it ensures that people move from one place to another to engage in businesses that result in revenue generation.
Uber intends to make it easy for individuals to move affordably compared to taxis which charge a lot of money due to little competition. Its head offices are in California, but its usage can be seen across the globe as people want reliable and cost-effective solutions to their problems.
The question would then be how Uber has become successful and how other business owners can implement similar strategies to achieve the same success level.
Uber Business Guide and model
Below is a review of how Uber operates to understand how Uber has become a global service provider.
How does Uber Generate revenue?
Businesses exist to generate profits while reducing the cost of production as possible, and Uber is not an exception.
This service provider earns money by charging for the trips that customers request, which is dependent on distance and time spent, meaning that fare is calculated throughout the trip.
Also, Uber has additional services such as Uber Eats, where customers can place a food order and have it delivered to their preferred destination. Additionally, it takes advantage of surge pricing, where prices go up when demand is higher than supply.
What are Uber’s main resources?
Uber depends on the services offered by skilled drivers from across the globe. This feature has led to the creation of employment for many people. Provided that one has a car and a valid license to drive, all they need to do is register as an Uber driver.
The best thing is that Uber drivers have the flexibility to take other jobs. There is no requirement to work within strict time schedules. Another resource is technology, as customers need the Uber app to receive transport services.
Who does Uber target?
Uber has made sure that its services accommodate all customers regardless of their preferences and financial capability. Below are some Uber ride options that customers can choose from:
- UberX – accommodates 4 passengers.
- UberXL – accommodates 6 passengers and is more costly than UberX’.
- Uber Pool and Express Pool – meant to accommodate Uber customers who are headed in the same direction.
- Uber Comfort – accommodates 4 passengers, and it has more room than UberX that can hold the same number of people.
- Uber Green – involves vehicles with low emissions.
- Uber Select – same number of passengers as UberX and Uber Comfort but cars, in this case, are mostly BMWs and other luxury vehicles.
- Uber Black and Uber SUV – this is the most expensive package as it comes with a high luxury level than Uber Select.
Read Also How to Start an Online Business in Kenya
How can you access Uber services?
Seeing that Uber has incorporated internet technology into the way it offers services to its customer, there is a need to download the Uber app. Listed below are steps to follow when downloading the Uber app
- Visit the Google play store on your device.
- On the search bar, type the word Uber.
- Click on the search icon.
- Select the Uber app.
- Click Install.
- Launch the Uber app by clicking open.
After downloading the app, you can create an account, which you’ll be using to request rides. Below are the details you’ll have to include during sign-in:
- Email address.
- Phone number.
- Unique password.
- Preferred payment mode.
On providing this information, the Uber team will send an SMS to validate your phone number. Also, you’ll receive an email confirming that you’ve registered with the app, after which you can use your email and password to log in when requesting a ride.
When requesting a ride, follow below simple steps:
- Launch the Uber app.
- Click the ‘Where to’ box.
- Enter your destination.
- Confirm your pick-up location.
- Choose the ride option you prefer.
- You’ll then be matched with a driver, and you can track how far they are from your location.
- When the driver arrives, confirm that you’re getting into the right car by checking the license plates.
- Pay on arrival to your destination through your preferred payment method.
- Rate your trip and driver.
- Tip your driver.
Read Also Ways to Grow Your Business Online
Why is Uber the best choice?
With Uber, a lot can be achieved, as there will be no time wastage seeing that customers are matched to the drivers closest to their location.
There is no need to postpone important meetings or events because one cannot be where they need to be on time. Also, this service is affordable, meaning Uber rides will be in line with people’s financial plans.
For drivers, registering with Uber is an excellent way to earn some extra cash in addition to other jobs. As stated earlier, there are no rules regarding the number of hours a driver should devote to their work.
What can business owners learn from Uber?
Earning money from a business is essential, but every entrepreneur must not prioritize money more than excellent customer service.
Dissatisfied customers will seek services elsewhere and ensure that everyone in their social circle stays away from a particular service provider. The best thing would be to analyze one’s processes to ensure they do not harm the customer.Uber